- Network Rail, Transport for London, Jim Dowd, Len Duvall
- United Kingdom
Thank you to everybody who has supported our campaign. With so many people signing we were able to demonstrate the strength of feeling in the local community and this really helped our campaign.
We have received information from Network Rail that suggests that most of our aims have been achived from this campaign. To read more about the current situation go to:
When the new East London Line arrives in 2010, it will mean severe and unacceptable cuts to our existing train services to and from London Bridge. We are asking for your help to fight these cuts by signing our petition.
- Direct trains to and from London Bridge are likely to be cut to four trains per hour.
- This is a reduction from the current service of six trains off peak and more at peak times.
- There will be an extra eight trains per hour on the East London Line stopping at Sydenham and Forest Hill but these will only be four carriages long, with limited seating available.
- Cuts are proposed to the Clapham Junction and Victoria service from our stations, possibly removing this service entirely.
- With these proposed cuts it is likely that London Bridge services will become even more congested than at present.
It is vital that we keep our existing level of services to and from London Bridge
We are not opposed to the new East London line - we warmly welcome it - but this should not be introduced at the cost of existing services.
This petition has been produced by the Forest Hill Society and is supported by the Sydenham Society.
We welcome the coming of the East London Line in 2010 but oppose any cuts to existing services to London Bridge and Victoria from Sydenham, Forest Hill, Honor Oak Park, Brockley and New Cross Gate.
The Save our services petition to Network Rail, Transport for London, Jim Dowd, Len Duvall was written by Michael Abrahams and is in the category Roads & Transport at GoPetition.