- Regional Development Australia Fund - Federal Government Australia
Thank you to everyone who signed the petition asking the Federal Government to support the new Frankston Regional Aquatic Health & Wellbeing Centre.
In total, 4136 signatures were received in just two weeks, and the petition has now been sent to Minister Simon Crean MP in support of Council’s funding application for $15 million from the Regional Development Australia Fund.
The next round of funding is expected to be announced in May, and hopefully your support will make the difference and convince the Federal Government to share the cost of what will truly be a regional centre for southern Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula. Power to the People!
Sign up to ask the Federal Government to help pay for Frankston’s new pool so ratepayers don’t carry the full burden…
• Research indicates there is a gap in the region for quality aquatic leisure and well-being facilities;
• The proposed aquatic centre at Samuel Sherlock Reserve, Frankston is a regional aquatic solution, creating a contemporary purpose built space providing long-term health and well-being benefits, hundreds of local jobs and an estimated 500,000 visitors to the region each year;
• The previous Victorian Government has already invested $12.5 million to the project, this is to ask for a contribution from the Federal Government;
• The proposed features of the aquatic centre will include: a 51.5m Olympic size swimming pool; a learn to swim and leisure pool with play area; café; gymnasium; waterslides; splash deck; warm water therapy pool, spa and sauna; crèche; and health and wellness centre.
We, the undersigned, urge the Regional Development Australia Fund to:
1. Choose Frankston City Council as the successful applicant in the second round projects for the Southern Melbourne Region and grant $15 million towards the completion of the Frankston Regional Aquatic Health and Wellbeing Centre at Samuel Sherlock Reserve;
2. Invest in Frankston City to reinvigorate the precinct and deliver an improved aquatic, health and wellbeing solution for the region.
The People Power for our Pool petition to Regional Development Australia Fund - Federal Government Australia was written by Frankston City Council and is in the category Government at GoPetition.