- The President of the United States
- United States of America
Since the tragedy’s at Columbine High School on April 20th of 1999, our nation has bared witness to more than it's rightful share of school shootings, massacres and terrorists acts.
The most recent of such attacks happened on December 14, 2012, at Sandy Hooks Elementary School in Newton, CT killing 20 six and seven year old children and six adults. Our children are not safe. This cannot be tolerated any longer in simple hopes of a better solution. Our children have the right to go to school and be safe from the tyranny of terrorists.
It is up to you Mr. President and our respected, elected officials to grant us the means necessary to better arm our schools and shield our beloved. This threat cannot be solved by written law to try and deter terror. Taking away guns leaves our children left to fate and that’s a risk parents are not willing to take. We want our schools armed.
ASCAT demands that every school have at least one armed Police or Military Officer on campus during school hours and extended activities after school hours. The following is a list of other demands we want to see enforced:
1. Five willing and evaluated teachers from every campus to undergo police and firearm training, licensed to carry a concealed firearm.
2. Required firearm training and carrying license for the principal of every school and have them armed on campus.
3. Gun safes in classrooms of participating teachers and principals office to restrain access by students.
4. Panic buttons placed in every classroom with a unique sound that can be delivered throughout the school and to police to alert of terrorists attacks.
5. Teacher & Staff anti-terrorists seminars and workshops.
6. Act and Respond panic drills for students.
7. Locks on classrooms with reinforced doors and glass.
8. Better front door security and reinforcements.
9. Secondary devices such as electric tasers for participating teachers and principal.
10. Secondary reinforced door access to student population.
This isn’t a battle that is going to end without a fight. For the safety of our children and our educators we must arm our schools. It is just a matter of time before this happens again and when it does we must be ready.
You can’t stop a terrorist from attempting an attack, but you can stand up against them when the attack is made.
We, the undersigned, call on the President of the United States of America and the members of Congress to arm our schools.
Our children are not safe. ASCAT demands immediate action on the list of demands written in this petition. We live in times of terror and we demand the right to arm our schools and defend our students and educators. We say no more victims. We say swift justice. We say educate, equip and exercise our educators.
We say prepare our children. We say protect our children. We say let us protect our children. Terrorists have made quite clear that they will go to great lengths to carry out their mission. We cannot fight them empty handed.
We sign and say Arm our Schools and Children Against Terror.
The Arm our Schools and Children Against Terror (ASCAT) petition to The President of the United States was written by Jeremy Schmitt and is in the category Children's Rights at GoPetition.