AID KENYA FOUNDATION-KITUTU COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER/KITUTU OVC CENTER:
AID Kenya Foundation, a nonprofit, and humanitarian aid and development assistance charitable foundation in Kenya.
The foundation is working with local communities, and collaborative partners to build the Kitutu Community Resource Center to empower rural-urban orphaned and vulnerable children (OVC), teenage girls/mothers, and in and out of school youth in the areas of education, health-care,sports, talent development, mentorship and vocational training.
Already, The Foundation, through the Humanitarian Aid & Development Assistance Program, supports hundreds of orphaned and vulnerable children and teenage mothers to access educational opportunities, shelter, health-care and psychosocial support; It further supports many teenage girls to get regular supply of sanitary towels just keep them in school and increase their self esteem; Kenya is currently experiencing a societal breakdown, where in every household, there is a teen mum some at the age of 12 with a baby or two.
The Center shall cater for OVCs and teen mums from across Kenya, and will have an a Community Outreach Program.
As a matter of urgency, the Foundation is building the Kitutu Community Resource Center/Kitutu OVC Center, with the following objectives:
1. Teaching teenage mothers on motherhood, nutrition, parenting and reproductive health;
2. Rehabilitate teenage mothers involved in alcoholism, drug and substance abuse;
3. Offer vocational trainings like tailoring, hairdressing, computers and ICT, arts, and Embroidery;
4. Create awareness on dangers and risks of teenage motherhood, HIV/AIDS and STIs;
5. Provide quality health-care to both the mother and child;
6. Distribute sanitary towels and pampers to schools, homes, and in public;
7. Offer a back-to-school reintegration program to embrace formal education by providing scholarships;
8. Provide guiding and counseling and psychotherapy;and
9. Build self-esteem, confidence and courage.
The Center will also host the Kitutu OVC Center for the kids of teen mums and support those OVCs who are enrolled in public schools supplying kids with pens, pencils, shoes, back packs, books, crayons, etc.
For feed back or volunteer, partner or donate, contact, Tel. +254 729 32 44 29 or E-Mail:
DREAM TEAM: The following is the Dream Team Managing and Coordinating the Project:
1. Armstrong Ongera, Jr.-Executive Director
2. Patricia Kadesa- Project Manager
3. Melissa Cheruiyoti- Corporate/PR/ Communications Manager
4.Seba Nyakundi-Program Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
5. Sheila Shinto- PA & Chief of Staff
DONATION REQUESTS AND SOLIDARITY:
1. MPESA-0729 32 44 29
AID Kenya Foundation
P. O. BOX 5956-00200
NOTE: A volunteer or supporter, can donate time, and expertise, in creating awareness about the Center, as well as mobilizing resources, or volunteering on the ground.
3. WIRE TRANSFER:
Any Voluntary Donations can be sent by WU or wire transfer to the following Bank Account:-
A/C Name: AID KENYA FOUNDATION
A/C No. : 082-1430151
Swift Code: BARCKENX
Bank: BARCLAYS BANK OF KENYA
Branch: Haile Selassie Avenue,Nairobi,Kenya
I PLEDGE TO SUPPORT AID KENYA FOUNDATION TO ESTABLISH THE KITUTU COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER/KITUTU OVC CENTER.
I BELIEVE THAT IF I DEDICATE AND COMMIT MY LIFE, EFFORTS, IDEAS AND RESOURCES TO THE ORPHANED & VULNERABLE CHILDREN, AND TEENAGE MOTHERS OF RURAL-URBAN KENYA, THEY WILL HAVE A BETTER AND SECURE FUTURE.
I WILL ALSO SERVE AS A GOODWILL AMBASSADOR OF THE FOUNDATION TO MOBILIZE, NETWORK, FUND-RAISE FROM MY FRIENDS, FAMILY, COLLEAGUES, AND WELL-WISHERS TOWARDS THE CENTER’.
The AID KENYA FOUNDATION-KITUTU COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER petition to AID KENYA FOUNDATION was written by AID KENYA FOUNDATION and is in the category Children's Rights at GoPetition.