STOP THE EXPLOITATION OF STUDENTS BY NEAR EAST UNIVERSITY.
- NEU; PAK, ZIM PARLIAMENT; NASS, NIGERIA; IACHR;IFHR; ECHR; AI; HRW;UNHCHR; RWB; ISHR; BBC;CNN; SR.
Near East University has been exploiting Students for years with some so call policies, especially as it concerns the payment of school fees. The University tactically carries out this fraud in such a way that students are left stranded, confused and not knowing what else to do. For example, as of today, the 20th day of April, Page review on the University official Facebook Page is off, this is a deliberate action by the University to suppress students from telling the world the mischievous deeds going on in the University. Thousands of Near East University Students are roaming the Island, confused, frustrated with many not having hope of ever completing their University education or getting a Degree not because this Students are not capable of paying their fees but because of the greed and outright robbery of this Students by the University.
University Authorities are fully aware of these happenings; they made these so call policies solely with the aim of robbing these Students. All pleads by Students to University Authority to put an end to this Injustice have proved abortive. Some Students end up paying as much as three times their actual debt, others transfer to some other Universities on the Island, others go back to their Home Countries and some others roaming the Inland frustrated and confused after having paid millions to the University. To make matter worse, the University will not release Students Transcript and their Original Documents submitted at registration and yet Student’s debt keeps increasing mysteriously.
On the 9th day of April, 2018, Students of the University officially launched a Campaign against the University’s unfair fee policies and some other injustice going on in the University with the following hashtags;
To read more about this Campaign, visit: https://medium.com/thank-you-note-to-students-of-near-east-university/campaign-against-the-exploitation-of-near-east-university-students-by-the-university-24982137d62b
To read about some of the Injustice going in the University, visit: https://medium.com/@neustudentsforchange/eleven-facts-about-near-east-university-2f42d4f76225
To read about some real life stories and experiences of University’s Students, visit: https://medium.com/@neustudentsforchange or https://www.facebook.com/neareastunistudents/
OUR DEMANDS FROM THE UNIVERSITY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Immediate and permanent cancellation and reversal of all accrued Penalties and Interest on all Students Debt.
2. University will not charge Students interest on their Debt. This is a Student/University relationship and not a Bank/Customer relationship. The University doesn’t lend money to Students so they have no right robbing these Students in the name of interest.
3. If Students must be charge penalties for late payment of their fees, it must be a onetime payment and fine must not be more than 5% of the accrued debt.
4. Never will Students be asked to pay for Semesters or Courses they did not attend.
5. Students must be allow to freeze their studies on financial grounds and the charge for freezing a semester must not be more than 10% of a Semester fee.
6. If Students must continue to pay the 50 Euro annul Health Insurance, then Students must have a 100% free access to Near East University Hospital or the State Hospitals like other Students on the Island.
We the undersigned are calling on Near East University; The Parliament of Pakistan; The Parliament of Zimbabwe; National Assembly, Federal Republic of Nigeria; Inter-American Court of Human Rights; International Federation of Human Right; European Court of Human Right; Amnesty International; Human Rights Watch; Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights; Reporters without Borders; International Service for Human Rights; The British Broadcasting Corporation; Cable News Network; Sahara Reporters; University regulatory bodies, International Students right bodies, and other law enforcement bodies and Activist to enforce Near East University to put a permanent end to this Injustice. We do not deserve this oppression by the University and we haven’t committed a crime by choosing to study in Near East University. Enough of Near East University robbing us of our future.
The STOP THE EXPLOITATION OF STUDENTS BY NEAR EAST UNIVERSITY. petition to NEU; PAK, ZIM PARLIAMENT; NASS, NIGERIA; IACHR;IFHR; ECHR; AI; HRW;UNHCHR; RWB; ISHR; BBC;CNN; SR. was written by NEAR EAST UNIVERSITY STUDENTS and is in the category Justice at GoPetition.