Changing Major Professor Petition
- Nouran Saad
- Professor Christian Kalhoefer
1) We are unable to understand what the professor explains and we have already complained about him in the 2 courses we had with him before during the previous years.
2) The mismatch between the derivatives' teaching and the derivatives' reality due to the fact that the professor explains it merely from his own personal perspective and he provides us with equations that he creates from his own understanding of the topics (which always happen to be irreliable and inaccurate) and not the ones that are actually used in text-books.
3) Getting to the work place, we -GUCians- will be backed up with false information about the subject or a "tailored-understanding" of the course according to our professor's own perspective. This will not only affect us as students but we believe it might also affect the GUC's image and integrity.
4) The use of mathematics as an end in itself rather than a tool (He does not give much attention to explaining the formulas and he is constantly confused about their application - No attention to the non-theoretical part of the course).
5) He finds out a lot of misstatements and inaccuracy in the material he is using in the lecture upon the chance of a student raising questions.
6) Most of the time, the professor has no answer to the students' questions on the spot and he constantly asks for time to review the concepts again.
7) Psychologically, it is inadequate that the professor himself is usually uncertain of the information he is giving.
8) The teaching assistant is obliged to explain things from the professor's point of view, mainly because this is what we will be examined in.
We, 7th semester Finance Students, petition for changing our derivatives course Professor (Dr.Hartmut Kiehling) for the reasons mentioned in this petition.
The Changing Major Professor Petition petition to Professor Christian Kalhoefer was written by Nouran Saad and is in the category Education at GoPetition.