Barnet Safe Children and Environment Group
- The politicians who will make the decisions on the plan
- United Kingdom
Here is what is planned:
A new, two lane, street-lit, tarmac road with pavement is planned to be built across Pymmes Brook and the green space running alongside it - right at the entrance to Hadley Woods.
The road is intended to provide access to a new, 1350 place school called JCoSS which is planned for Westbrook Crescent in New Barnet.
After it has cut across the brook, the road is planned to continue up to the proposed site of the JCoSS school across what is currently the playing field of Livingstone Primary School at the very edge of Hadley Woods.
We believe that a faith school such as JCoSS has the potential to add cultural enrichment to our area, and we welcome that. However this must not be at the expense of the safety of our children or the environment in which we all live.
We can stop this road, stop all the traffic it will generate and save our green space, but it is crucially important that we demonstrate strong opposition, and we need your help to do this.
We, the undersigned are opposed to the building of the proposed access road for the JCoSS development.
The road is planned to bridge Pymmes Brook then continue up to the proposed site of the 1350 place JCoSS school in Westbrook Crescent - across what is currently the playing field of Livingstone Primary School at the very edge of Hadley Woods.
We believe that the planned road is unacceptable because:
• It will encourage a lot of extra traffic and parking onto already congested roads.
• It will diminish our precious Metropolitan Open Land
• It will reduce road safety for our children - the traffic will go next to Livingstone Primary School.
• It will have a negative impact on local wildlife
• The extra traffic will reduce quality of life with its noise and pollution
• The extra traffic will accelerate climate change.
• The building of a new road contradicts local and central government policy aiming to reduce school traffic.
The Barnet Safe Children and Environment Group petition to The politicians who will make the decisions on the plan was written by Barnet Safe Children and Environment Group and is in the category Environment at GoPetition.