Ontario - Bill 13, Accepting Schools Act, 2012 is before the Ontario Legislature. In short the bill amendments to the 'Education Act' are to:
- Provide a clear definition of bullying of "the behaviour is intended by the pupil to cause, or the pupil ought to know that the behaviour would be likely to cause, harm, fear or distress to another individual, including psychological harm or harm to the individual’s reputation, "
- Bullying behaviour includes the use of any physical, verbal, electronic, written or other means.
- Require boards to develop and implement an equity and inclusive education policy
- Promote a positive school climate that is inclusive and accepting of all pupils, including pupils of any race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability;
- Promote the prevention of bullying
- The third Sunday in November in each year is proclaimed as Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week.
Note: All facts can be validated here: http://ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en&Intranet=&BillID=2549
By signing this petition in support of Bill 13, you are providing your support to all children in Ontario that they are equal.
Further, you are telling our Ontario Legislative Assembly (government) that all children deserve to go to school and learn - free of bullying from:
- Students (peers);
- Educators (authority figures);
- Trustees (elected education officials).
The Support Ontario Bill 13 - Anti-bullying in Schools petition to Legislative Assembly of Ontario was written by Ben and is in the category Human Rights at GoPetition.