- Tasmanian State House of Assembly
TO THE HONOURABLE THE SPEAKER & MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
The petition of the undersigned citizens of Tasmania and visitors to the Huon Valley draw to the attention of the House:
1. Declared noxious weeds (list) are allowed to grow along the Huon Highway without any action being taken to remove them by the Tasmanian Government.
2. Noxious weeds are seriously detrimental to health, agriculture and homeowners in the Huon Valley.
3. Trees are allowed to grow beside the Huon Highway, reducing driving visibility, and are dangerous in a collision. Overhanging and falling limbs damage vehicles.
4. The unchecked growth of these weeds and dangerous trees have become a problem over the last 20 years because the Tasmanian politicians (Greens, Labor and Liberal) have failed to act.
Your petitioners therefore ask the House to:
1. Urgently commence noxious weed removal beside the Huon Highway.
2. Keep the Crown Land edges to properties clear along the Huon Highway.
3. Keep trees aways from the edges of the Huon Highway.
The Huon Valley Verge Maintenance petition to Tasmanian State House of Assembly was written by Kristy Harrison and is in the category Roads & Transport at GoPetition.