- Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council/CD14
- United States of America
The Eagle Rock off-leash dog area would be a designated area where well-behaved canine citizens, and their people, can exercise and have fun in a clean, safe environment.
We want to create a beautiful, well-maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who will be willing to uphold the park’s rules and restrictions. This park will be designed to satisfy the needs of dog-owners and non-dog owners alike. We aim for this park to be a community project, supported in large part by volunteer dog advocates and maintained in partnership with Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council and the 14th Council District.
- Such a park would allow families with dogs to spend more quality time with their pets, and create a greater sense of community as residents will more likely interact with one another. Let’s get to know our neighbors!
- This park would encourage residents to spend additional time in our community and frequent our businesses (a number of which are already pet-focused or pet-friendly).
-Having such a park located in the currently unused portion of Yosemite Recreation Center behind the swimming pool (for example) would promote better use of this land area, deterring tagging, loitering and crime due to a higher volume of foot-traffic and better lighting.
- Such a park would reduce angst between dog owners, non-owners, police and park authorities regarding dog access to other city parks.
- There is not a current public dog park in our immediate area to accommodate safe, off-leash dog activities.
- Socializing dogs is very beneficial to the community, since it makes them less skittish and can mitigate aggressive behavior when meeting other dogs and people.
- Regular exercise is great for any dog's longevity and weight control, and the overall effect of regular exercise makes most dogs calmer and better behaved.
Please help us create a dedicated space that allows our residents to exercise their canine family members and themselves as well as benefit the community as a whole!
If you would like to be involved in our efforts, you can email email@example.com. We can update you on our next steps and see how you may be able to help out.
This petition, supported by the undersigned, is directed to the Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council and Councilman Huizar of the 14th Council District in Los Angeles, CA.
Its goal is to support the construction of an enclosed, off-leash dog area in a centralized, convenient location within Eagle Rock, CA.
A full proposal is currently being developed that will be presented to the Neighborhood Council along with this petition.
The Support an Eagle Rock, CA Off-Leash Dog Area petition to Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council/CD14 was written by Matt Harrington and is in the category Animal Welfare at GoPetition.