Say No To Childcare Centre @ 84 Villiers Avenue Mortdale Nsw
- HURSTVILLE COUNCIL - KEVIN KIM - DEVELOPMENT ASSESSMENT OFFICER
This is a petition to OBJECT to the PROPOSED CHILD CARE CENTRE Development Application 2008/DA-00182, 84 Villiers Avenue MORTDALE.
* Villiers Avenue is clearly a residential street with no commercial buidlings or businesses.
* The style of the proposed commercial building will be out of character with the entire streetscape and will detract from the residential atmosphere.
* A business such as a Childcare Centre will dramatically increase the road traffic and associated dangers of increased road traffic on this normally quiet street.
* There is already one (1) Childcare Centre operating in the adjoining street - MORTS ROAD as little as approx 100 Metres away from the proposed site.
* Childcare Centres are notorious for the amount of noise generated by 40 Children at play, especially in the outdoor play areas.
* There are a number of elderly or retired persons residing at premises surrounding the proposed site of whom will be directly affected by ongoing noise pollution which will be taken out of their control.
* The proposed site borders directly onto seven (7) separate dwellings. These seven dwellings will all be directly and severely affected by the noise. (the wider community ie. those living opposite the site will also be severely affected)
* These seven dwellings will all be severely disadvantaged by loss of property value ( nobody wants to live next to a childcare centre)
Considering Mortdale has so much other land already zoned for commercial use in areas that are historically commercial bothin design and appearance, it seems scandalous that a commercial venture could be proposed in an area that is purely residential. What makes this proposal even more insidious is that it will directly and severely affect the welfare and financial state of the seven families in the dwellings that directly border the proposed site.
YOU WOULD BE HARD-PRESSED TO FIND ANY OTHER SITE THAT WOULD HAVE SUCH AN ADVERSE AFFECT ON SO MANY PEOPLE.
IF YOU FEEL AS STRONGLY OPPOSED TO THIS DEVELOPMENT AS WE DO PLEASE SIGN THE ABOVE PETITION AND LODGE AN OBJECTION TO THE COUNCIL.
We, the undersigned, call on Hurstville City Council to DECLINE the Development Application (and any further submissions relating to the site of a similar nature) for 2008/DA-00182, Property 84 Villiers Avenue MORTDALE Lot 23 DP2997. Applied by Huntington & MacGillivray.
Demolition of existing and construction of a Childcare Centre for forty (40) children. ON THE GROUNDS OF THE FOLLOWING;
NON ESSENTIAL BUSINESS IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA
This Development will have a severe loss of property value for the surrounding rate payers/property owners.
There is already an operating Childcare Centre approximately 100 metres from the proposed site. Where there is no lack of Childcare Centres in the Mortdale area.
Increased traffic including staff members and parents of the 40+ children in the area will create a serious hazard and reduce community safety within Villiers Avenue and Adjoining Streets.
The proposed site directly borders on Seven (7) other properties - therefore DIRECTLY affecting a number of residents/rate payers.
This proposed Development is REJECTED by the general community.
You can further help this campaign by sponsoring it
The Say No To Childcare Centre @ 84 Villiers Avenue Mortdale Nsw petition to HURSTVILLE COUNCIL - KEVIN KIM - DEVELOPMENT ASSESSMENT OFFICER was written by Villiers and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.