- Mcps School board, Liam Downey, blacksburg middle school principles
- United States of America
Our school should not participate in IXl. The IXL math program our school has been using is known to be unfair, and unruly. Learning math is important, but this "game" is about the score. The scoring system is ungrateful. Lastly the program causes unneeded stress and anxiety.
Our school should not participate in IXl. We should not participate because of the following reasons
1. it violates the MCPS Code of Conduct. rule 9 in the administrators code of conduct. our teacher is supposed to be teaching us math, using this program. Mr. downey isn't the problem. It's the program.
2. As middle schoolers, we have plenty of stress and anxiety. this doesn't help. in fact, it makes it worse.
3. The program reviews are terrible. the adult reviews are either my kids hate it, or my kids like it. it never says anything about them learning from it. The children and teens reviews are 90% "i hate this program, you shouldn't use it". In all the years, iv'e never recalled learning form this program.
4. the scoring system is abysmal. Example. For every question you get right, you get 2 points. For every question you get wrong, you lose 7 points. I am specifically not exaggerating.
Thank you for your time. If you agree with me or want to stop the use of IXL, sign this petition.
The No More IXL Petition petition to Mcps School board, Liam Downey, blacksburg middle school principles was written by Gabrielle Chasse and is in the category Children's Rights at GoPetition.