- Manufacturers of Cosmetic and Personal Care Products
A comprehensive investigation conducted by the well reputed Environmental Working Group has revealed that a third of the 7,500 cosmetic and personal care products assessed contained chemicals that are linked to cancer.
Of the more than 10,000 chemical ingredients in personal care products, 89 percent have not undergone safety testing.
Consumers use as many as 25 different cosmetics products in a day and up to 70% of what is applied to the skin is believed to be absorbed into the body.
Many of these chemicals have found their way into our bodies, our breast milk and our children, and diseases linked to synthetic chemicals - including breast cancer, testicular cancer and reproductive problems - are on the rise.
We, the undersigned, call on all cosmetic and personal care manufacturers to:
1. Globally reformulate their products to ban known or probable human carcinogens, reproductive toxins or mutagens from cosmetics and other personal care products.
2. Agree to make safe, non-toxic, reformulated products readily available in every market they serve - both domestically and globally.
3. Develop an aggressive substitution plan and timeline to replace emerging chemicals of concern with safe alternatives.
4. Make the health of their end users a priority over profit.
The International Campaign for Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products petition to Manufacturers of Cosmetic and Personal Care Products was written by Lucinda White and is in the category Health at GoPetition.