Youth and Climate Change: Time for ACTION
- Young People Who care about their future
The youth of today care about OUR future and believe that it is imperative that more is done to ensure a sustainable future for all
Australians use 3.92 billion plastic bags a year, that's over 10 million new bags being used every day. An estimated 3.76 billion bags or 20,700 tonnes of plastic are disposed of in landfill sites throughout Australia every year. Australians dump 7,150 recyclable plastic bags into landfills every minute or 429,000 bags every hour.
Clean Up Australian
Recycling has environmental, economic and social advantages.
• Recycling generates civic pride and environmental awareness.
• Recycling helps prevent environmental pollution.
• Recycling saves natural resources.
• Recycling conserves raw materials used in industry.
• Making products from recycled ingredients often uses much less energy than producing the same product from raw materials.
• Recycling reduces the amount of material dumped in landfill sites and helps our waste disposal problems.
• Goods are used productively and prevented from becoming litter and garbage.
We, the undersigned are motivated in the fight against Climate Change.
We insist on the implementation of weekly recycling, public recycling bins in urban centres and increasing recycling by businesses and having green waste collection for all households.
You can further help this campaign by sponsoring it
The Youth and Climate Change: Time for ACTION petition to Young People Who care about their future was written by Samantha Dole and is in the category Environment at GoPetition.