- Embassies, United Nations, Human Rights Organizations, World Politicians, Press and Media
We, the people and the friends of Pakistan, denounce and strongly protest against the curtailment of fundamental rights, the curbs on electronic and print media, attacks on independence of Judiciary, suspension of Constitution of 1973, arrests of judges, lawyers, human right activist and teachers and Martial Law which has been imposed by General Musharraf as the Cheif of Army Staff.
Pakistan was formed as a democratic state where the rule of law will reign supreme. The people of Pakistan have given great sacrifices to gain these rights of living with freedom. These right of free speech, ability to chose the government and access to fair judiciary cannot be taken away from the people at the disguise of any threat.
WHILE THE MEDIA IS BANNED AND PUBLIC GATHERINGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN PAKISTAN, WE ARE PLANNING A MASSIVE GLOBAL "e-Protest" TO RAISE OUR VOICE.
WE ARE TARGETING AT LEAST 1000,000 SIGNATURES ACROSS THE GLOBE. WE WILL SEND THIS PETITION TO EMBASSIES, UNITED NATIONS, HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS, POLITICIANS, GOVERNMENTS, PRESS AND MEDIA.
SEND THIS LINK USING Facebook, Orkut, Friendster, Beebo, MySpace, Digg AND emails TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW (http://www.gopetition.com/online/15064.html)
YOUR VOICE WILL BE HEARD GLOBALLY.
We the people and the friends of Pakistan demand General Musharraf and the Government of Pakistan to:
1) Restore the Constitution of 1973 and take back the PCO.
2) Restore the judiciary system and release all the judges, lawyers, human rights activists, politicians and civil society activists who have been arrested post 2nd Nov 2007.
3) Allow the broadcast of electronic media and remove any censorship curbs which have been imposed under the Emergency Law.
4) Hold free and fair elections to restore true democracy in Pakistan and put an end to involvement of armed forces in Pakistani Politics.
We the people and friends of Pakistan demand the basic rights in Pakistan and the return to democracy.
TO GET SIGNATURE LIST PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you list of signatures sorted by date, name or country in a word document with petition text that you can send to different authorities.
The We Oppose Emergency in Pakistan petition to Embassies, United Nations, Human Rights Organizations, World Politicians, Press and Media was written by Pakistani International Community and is in the category Human Rights at GoPetition.