Support Compassionate Education
- UK Government
I was just doing good on the Internet (signing petitions, using Goodsearch, etc) when I had a brilliant idea; a new school subject that would be about teaching kids and, possibly, other youngsters as well about helping others.
I have decided to refer to it as "Compassionate Education" or "C.E" and I would like it to include lessons about the following;
1. Animals and being kind to them and how and why we should all help to fight animal cruelty.
2. Poverty and how and why we should help solve it and help ensure that as many poor people as possible have access to enough good water, good food, good education, etc.
3. The environment and why and how we should all work to protect and care for Earth.
4. Prejudice and bullying and why we should all work to help stop (or at least reduce) these things.
5. Genocide and other human rights abuses and why and how we should all work to help prevent this sort of thing from happening and fight against any human rights abuses that may be going on in the world at any one time.
6. Illnesses, such as cancer, and how and why we should all help to prevent them, without the use of animal testing.
Education helped beat bull-baiting. Education helped ban slavery, and education WILL help us to beat other things such as poverty, animal cruelty, human rights abuses, the damage that humans are doing to the planet and serious illnesses.
We, the undersigned, ask that C.E be started as a new subject in at least some schools in England, to say the least.
We feel that this idea has the potential to help us reach that better future.
You can further help this campaign by sponsoring it
The Support Compassionate Education petition to UK Government was written by Victoria Salter and is in the category Education at GoPetition.