- Western Power
Western Power are proposing to build a sub-station in the Kalamunda, Mundaring, Gosnells area.
Potentially this project could involve:
-Building a switch yard in state forest occupying 8 hectares;Not only is there the potential for state forest to be torn down, but it could be situated in a water catchment area.
- Co-location of transformers at the above site (or a separate site), which would occupy an additional 12 hectares of state forest;
- 100,000 litres of toxic transformer oil on site;
- Up to 13 x 330kv lines (i.e. 50m high 'lattice' towers);
- Up to 14 x 132kv lines (i.e. 25m high towers);
- 40m wide clearings through state forest for these lines (although parrallel lines would require lesser width of clearing)
For more information, visit our website: http://fighttheeasternsubstation.page.tl/
We, the undersigned, call on Western Power to not build the Eastern sub-station in state forest or in water catchment areas (P1 and P2).
The Stop the Western Power Eastern Sub-Station petition to Western Power was written by Sonja T and is in the category Environment at GoPetition.