- Students and individuals who want to contribute to making a difference.
HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN EASTERN EUROPE IS DESTROYING AN ALREADY VULNERABLE SOCIETY!
• 200,000 individuals are being trafficked from Eastern Europe
• 80% of the world’s trafficked women are from Eastern Europe.
• Human trafficking is modern day slavery.
• They are forced to domestic servant hood, sweatshop work; but the majority of teenagers are forced into PROSTITUTION and CRIME.
• Albania is the country most involved in the sex trade, with women and children being lured to go to the West with false promises of marriage, jobs or education.
• UNICEF put the global value of human trafficking at over $12 billion dollars a year, just $2 billion less than Albania’s gross domestic income.
• In Belarus, over 800,000 are “missing” believed to be working --- many against their own will or in extremely hazardous conditions.
• 6000 children between the ages of 12 and 16 are trafficked from Eastern Europe each year.
We call upon international governments and authorities to pose stricter laws on human trafficking.
We urge the governments of Eastern European countries to prosecute the traffickers, not the victims.
We ask individuals to sign our petition in order to contribute to abolishing the sale of humans and human trafficking entirely.
The Stop Human Trafficking in Eastern Europe! petition to Students and individuals who want to contribute to making a difference. was written by Judy Zhu and is in the category Human Rights at GoPetition.