- Mary Ellen Wood (Planner, Suburban Southwest), Jan Harder & Ottawa City Council
Richcraft is proposing to develop 210 low rise apartment units distributed in 12 buildings with shared surface parking with 288 spaces on Mountshannon Drive in the green space immediately beside St. Lukes elementary school in Barrhaven.
In signing this petition you are showing your concern with the lack of public consultation prior to this point, especially considering prior consultation for development of less units was met with such anger by the residents of our community.
(Note: To see a copy of all realated documents, please type 'Mountshannon' at the following link: http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/home.jsf?lang=en
Public Meeting to be held: May 6th 2010, Walter Baker Centre Food Court (2nd floor), Open House 6:30-7pm, Meeting 7pm +).
We the undersigned are:
• Against building the proposed apartment units on Mountshannon drive;
• Against amending the zoning proposal for the proposed land to allow for high density housing;
• Concerned for the safety of our children and neighbours due to the heightened traffic and increased number of people in our community;
• Angered that the traffic assessments were completed in January, at a time when there is clearly less pedestrian and bike traffic in the area;
• Saying NO to the proposal set forth by Richcraft for the development on Mountshannon Drive.
The Say NO to further development on Mountshannon Drive petition to Mary Ellen Wood (Planner, Suburban Southwest), Jan Harder & Ottawa City Council was written by Barrhaven Residents and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.