Scotts Meadow is located in Torquay on Riviera Way, next to 'The Willows'. Cavanna homes wants to build 230 homes on this meadow, and we are advocating against it. Saving 'Scotts Meadow' is an issue we feel very strongly about. We believe that many people do not know about the many wonderful benefits of keeping Scotts Meadow as it is. We hope that you will come around to our way of thinking and support our advocacy.
We think we should all save Scotts Meadow because:
• It is a good place to spend time with your family, or to walk your dogs.
• If we build houses on Scotts Meadow it will be bad for the environment.
• There is not much green space around 'The Willows', so it is vital that we protect what little there is, such as Scotts Meadow.
• Scotts Meadow has been a part of many people's lives for many years, and so if people have enjoyed it before now, they will enjoy it for years to come.
• We need to protect the meadow to enhance its value as a wildlife site.
Building more homes in the willows will put pressure on local facilities as there is already a lack of community facilities.
WE THE UNDERSIGNED PETITION TORBAY COUNCIL NOT TO DEVELOP SCOTTS MEADOW WHEN ITS URBAN LANDSCAPE PROTECTION AREA STATUS RUNS OUT IN 2011 BUT TO KEEP THE OPEN SPACE FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF THE LOCAL COMMUNITY.
THE WILLOWS COMMUNITY IS ALREADY WITHOUT ITS OWN SERVICES SUCH AS A PRIMARY SCHOOL AND DOCTORS/DENTISTS SURGERYS AND COMMUNITY CENTRE AND THE EXTRA DEMANDS OF NEW HOUSING WOULD PUT ON EXISTING FACILITIES HAS YET TO BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.
THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS WILDFLOWER MEADOW HAS IMPLICATIONS FOR LOCAL WILDLIFE, BIRDS AND REDUCES THE HABITAT FOR RARE SPECIES.
The Save Scotts Meadow Torquay petition to Torbay Council was written by Alicia Davison and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.