- Lauder Business School (or else ESU and Federal Government)
Revision of the Lauder Business School’s Educational Model/Structure due to its observable inability to perform practicable educational programs and as a consequence, high rates of systematic abnormal incompletion (failure) amongst students.
The preamble and grounds for making this request
The authenticity of a petition will be exampled by:
- Assessment structure: commission exam of Statistics held on March 28, 2019.
The following example does not stand as a single event and is justifiably recent and feasible.
- Completion of programs: total number of the students in a program ‘International Business and Leadership 2018’ at the start of the program and current semester.
Based on the information from students and cohorts, on the commission exam of Statistics held on March 28, 2019:
9 students out of 10 had failed the second retake and consequently failed their study year.
(the one student who passed had not been attending the class of Statistics and was required to come directly to the retake (reason: not verified)).
Complaint on the conduct and ethics of commission representatives (e.g. ‘time pressuring’, ‘not checking the progress of the exam’, ‘usage of cell phones at the moment of examination', 'computer not prepared properly').
Completion of programs.
A total number of the students in a program ‘International Business and Leadership 2018’ at the start of the program and current semester:
approx. 37-40 at the start
approx. 10-13 after the 1st semester
(please refer to the date at the end of the document).
Side note: 700 Euro is a cost of 1 semester and is paid before the announcement of final exam results (of the 1st semester).
- Large number of courses / modules (10-12) combined with
• 75 % of all classes to be attended (comparably with the workload – with few ECTS).
• Exceeding number of obligatory requirements/assignments, and given the concurrency of courses – many times - unnecessary and leading to unhealthy ‘get it done’ attitude without actual studying of subjects.
- Cases of non-consideration of students’ medical conditions to comply with their attendance policy (75 % mandatory).
- Overall, unreliable assessment structure based on the results of successful/unsuccessful completion.
You are invited to sign the petition to support a group request on the
STRUCTURAL REVISION OF THE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION LAUDER BUSINESS SCHOOL AND INVESTIGATION OF ITS PROGRAMS/PRACTICABILITY
(based on 2 paragraphs stating complaints)
Prior to this petition, students had made multiple attempts to address the issues of discontent to the administration of the school.
The Revision of the Lauder Business School’s Educational Model/Structure petition to Lauder Business School (or else ESU and Federal Government) was written by Elena Decker and is in the category Education at GoPetition.