The University of Birmingham are proposing to change the terms and conditions of all support staff by cutting the pay of support staff for working bank holidays, closed days and weekends and making them compulsory for many. New administrative staff have been placed on a 'any 5 day in 7' contract.
UNISON believes that these changes undermine staff's work life balance, health and well being and that these are important to both staff and the student experience
We call on the University of Birmingham to:
1. Maintain the current rate of pay for bank holidays and closed days and for them to be voluntary not compulsory;
2. To not increase the number of weekends staff are required to work;
3. No extension of 'any 5 day in 7' contracts;
4. Provide contractual guarantees for staff on annualised hours that protect the health and well being of staff;
5. Ensure staff working late at night have a safe means of transport home.
The Keep bank holidays, closed days and weekends special petition to University of Birmingham was written by Matthew Raine and is in the category Unions at GoPetition.