IMPROVE WATER DRAINAGE AT OXFORD VALLEY GOLF COURSE
- Bucks County Commissioners; and Bucks County Department of Parks and Recreation
- United States of America
Water drainage is extremely poor on several areas of the golf course. The major problem is on holes THREE and FOUR. Following moderate to heavy rainfall the fairways on these two holes are flooded with the runoff from the wet-land area to the right or north side of the course.
This creates an area which is marshy to pond like making play difficult to impossible and often results in the closing of the course. Such closures have occurred approximately ten (10) times in the last twelve months. Many of these closures have happened when the rest of the course is still playable. This drainage problem is not new. It has existed since the course opened in 1954. Previous attempts to alleviate the problem have been ineffective at best.
Oxford Valley Golf Course operates at a profit yearly. The profit is absorbed into the County's general fund and is used to assist in the funding of non-profit generating activities and maintenance of County Parks and Recreational Facilities. Addressing and improving the drainage problems would surely increase the number of rounds of golf played as the course would be open for play more often and the golfing public would not have to deal with stagnant water pools, expanded marsh grass areas in the fairways and the insects that breed and thrive in those spots.
We, the undersigned, call on the Bucks County Commissioners and the Bucks County Department of Parks and Recreation to take action to address the water drainage problems at the Oxford Valley Golf Course by:
- Reviewing previous Engineering studies of this problem or having a new study prepared specific to the issues,
- considering the excavation of a Retention Basin between the 3rd and 4th fairways with drainage into the creek on the south side of the course,
- calculating and publishing estimated costs for correcting the deficiencies,
- allocating the necessary funds and having the required tasks completed by qualified personnel,
- applying to the State for a Pennsylvania Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program grant.
The IMPROVE WATER DRAINAGE AT OXFORD VALLEY GOLF COURSE petition to Bucks County Commissioners; and Bucks County Department of Parks and Recreation was written by GOLFERS AT OXFORD VALLEY GOLF COURSE, FAIRLESS HILLS, PA and is in the category Sports at GoPetition.