- President of the United States of America
- United States of America
Today's economy is in a rapid decline in several sectors. As many as 200,000 homes as in foreclosure monthly. Unemployment rates are at their highest in 7 years with 10.1 million unemployed persons in the last 12 months.
The DOW has seen its highest losses since the Great Depression now down 35.94% YTD, returns are down 28.18 in industrial, 14.11 in transportation, and 27.06 in utilities.22 of 26 commodities are down YTD as high as 50%. Retail is down 2.8% in Oct. 2008. Where is the relief promised in the 700 billion dollar bailout package?
We, the undersigned, call unto you the President of the United States to grant relief to the Main Street American People.
1) Freeze all Bailouts.
2) Companies seeking bailout must make all financials public.
3) Companies awarded bailout must provide a detailed plan for self recovery.
4) Provide all citizens earning less than 100,000 per year tax relief of all with-holdings.
5) Provide all businesses tax relief of "match pay" with-holdings on employees that earn less than 50,000 per year.
6) More oversight on lending practices on all mortgage lenders with stricter penalties and fines.
The Give Income Tax Relief to Stimulate the Economy petition to President of the United States of America was written by Leena M. Earnest and is in the category National Affairs at GoPetition.