- Please send signed petition to “No CSG” PO Box 411 Strathfield, NSW, 2135
TO THE HONOURABLE PRESIDENT AND MEMBERS OF THE SENATE IN PARLIAMENT ASSEMBLED.
This Petition of citizens of Australia draws to the attention of the Senate:
· present and potential negative impacts of the Coal Seam Gas Mining (CSG) industry on water quality, farm lands, the environment, communities, residents’ health, property values and tourism;
· that CSG mining produces green house gas emissions – particularly from large scale methane leakage – such that CSG mining has a global warming impact that is as bad as if not worse than coal, over a twenty year period;
· that CSG mining is proven to lower the fresh water table.
We therefore ask that the Senate:
· declare an immediate moratorium on all CSG activities and licences within Australia;
· declare Australia to be ‘CSG free’ and thereafter off limits to the CSG industry.
The CSG Coal Seam Gas Moratorium - Senate petition to Please send signed petition to “No CSG” PO Box 411 Strathfield, NSW, 2135 was written by Marcus Web and is in the category Government at GoPetition.