- Thirumalai Sadagopan a.k.a Rajan alias Thirumalai Rajan or Sa Thirumalai
- United States of America
“Thirumalai Sa” alias “Thirumalai Rajan” or “Rajan” wrote a defaming article titled "Madurai University, the Governor and a virgin girl’s cheek" in Facebook in Tamil Language, and the Tamil actor cum Politician S Ve Sekar shared it. The reason for this article was that the current Governor of Tamil Nadu, India, is speculated to be involved in the case of Nirmaladevi, a professor of Madurai Kamaraj University, who offered financial help to four female students in exchange for sexual favors to higher officials.
Sa Thirumalai has been writing defaming and slander articles which disrupts the communal harmony and this recent article has instigated unrest and riots in Tamil Nadu. His writings insult the media industry, insult the working women that they can’t get a job without sleeping with their officials, and insults the tradition and culture of India as a whole.
S Ve Sekar who shared Rajan’s post has been booked under Indian Penal Code [Refer: https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/s-ve-shekher-booked-fb-post-case-against-journos-who-pelted-stones-his-house-79991],
1. Section 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace),
2. Section 505 (1) (c) (Statements conducing to public mischief: Whoever makes, publishes or circulates any statement, rumor or report with intent to incite, or which is likely to incite, any class or community of persons to commit any offense against any other class or community,
3. Section 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and
4. Section 4 of the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Women Harassment Act(Penalty for harassment of woman).
S Ve Sekar has apologized for sharing this post and has currently been summoned by a court of law in Thirunelveli, TamilNadu. However, Thirumalai Rajan, who is the author of the article, currently living in Mountain House, California, has not apologized yet and continue to pose a threat to the communal harmony.
The following are derogatory statements made by Thirumalai Sa against Women: (translated from his writing in Tamil)
1. Women Journalist community was defamed as: ”Most of the sexually abusive cases are in the media than the universities. The recent complaints revealed that they can not become a reporter or a news reader without sleeping with their bosses.”
2. A Specific women Journalist was called out in the post with abusive, maliciously false statements. The post read: “(In Tamil Nadu) the media people are mostly illiterate, cheap, nasty and foolish rowdies. Looks like, this woman is no exception."
3. Tamil community and Tamil Language was called in, with an offensive statement: “But, in Tamil Nadu (a land that boasts about the chastity of women), molesting the women and raping them has become the culture. There is no word in Tamil Nadu other than Karpu (Chastity) that is subject to mockery. Most of the Tamils are not qualified to talk about Karpu (Chastity).”
We the undersigned, stand united with the Women community of the Bay Area, California, in condemning the highly abusive and derogatory statements of Thirumalai Sa. We demand an immediate public apology from him for his defamatory statements and stop such writings in the future.
The Condemn Thirumalai Sa and demand an immediate public apology petition to Thirumalai Sadagopan a.k.a Rajan alias Thirumalai Rajan or Sa Thirumalai was written by Bay Area Women and is in the category Gender Rights and Issues at GoPetition.