My name is Yolandi Enslin, my son Ruan was 5.
He was electrocuted by a jumping castle motor on 20 October 2012 at Stonehaven on the Vaal.
My son was declared dead at the scene.
I don't want my son's death to be in vain, instead I would like to make parents more aware of the dangers of public playgrounds.
Every restaurant/lodge etc has to have a liquor license, a license to play music and to show the rugby etc, they have to have certificates for everything but why not a certificate to say that their playgrounds are safe???
Our children's lives are worth that effort and I think that it should be part of the law, just like getting a liquor license etc
We need parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, anyone who believes that our children's safety is worth fighting for to please sign this petition.
We want to take it further but the Government needs to know that we are supported and know that there are a lot of people who understand and support our cause.
If you need any further information or would like to support us my contact number is 072 440 9184.