- Research, Hospitality Industry Reps
- United Kingdom
We aim to encourage hospitality establishments to improve the family dining experience. We urge restaurants, cafes and food serving public houses to promote healthy children’s’ options, the choice to order smaller portions from the existing menu and to emphasis a commitment to seasonal and local produce, though implementation of the Available in Kid Size Stratagem.
We also strive to provide families with a platform to voice ideas and share experiences online with regards to their own dining experiences.
We the undersigned, as parents, carers, individuals and businesses, are committed to seeing the adoption of Available in Kid Size Stratagem in restaurants, cafés and food serving establishments. This includes:
• Offering parents the chance to opt for children’s sized options from the main menu;
• Sensible portion sizes, to reduce left overs and waste;
• Option of children’s starters or canapés, so that parents and children can eat together in the same sitting.
• Choice of children’s side orders such as vegetables and salads, as alternatives to chips.
• Children’s table activities that encourage healthy eating, such as puzzles and colouring sheets with a fruit and vegetable theme;
• Children’s meat free options;
• Child friendly (non- breakable), reusable cups and glasses;
• Smaller/beginners cutlery on request;
• Seasonal and local produce incorporated into the children’s menu and clearly identified as such;
• Free tap water to anyone who asks;
• Any new or on-going projects recommended as a means of improving the family dining experience.
The Available in Kid Size Stratagem 2011/2012 petition to Research, Hospitality Industry Reps was written by Rebecca Volley and is in the category Business at GoPetition.