Artists for Greater Art Commerce
- San Joaquin Art Market
- Closed on
- San Joaquin County Academic, Business, and Art Markets
- United States of America
Thank you for your dedication to the arts. Openly communicating your standing as a contributing business in commerce is essential. Your signature was reviewed and appreciated by many over approximately 11.5 months. May you have several successful business endeavors in the future.
Dear San Joaquin Academic, Business and Art Markets:
Studies show communities that economically invest in the arts receive returns higher than their investment(s).
As a fine art visual artist (drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, etc.), of San Joaquin County, California, USA, I hereby declare:
My role is to perpetuate our culture in the art I create;
When I make art, regular skills I use may include the following:
• applied mathematics
• additional varied physical sciences,
• compound complex writing,
• critical thinking and analysis,
• tools and supplies inventory and review,
• risk management, product testing, and purchasing,
• psychological introspection,
• sociological observations,
• project coordination,
• cost analysis and advanced accounting,
• contract design and review,
• project management,
• chief executive/presidential: small business design, management, and operation,
• trial demonstrations, problem solving, and education.
Additionally, I have normal every-day obligations like:
• having adequate food, clothing, transportation, and housing, and
• consistently conducting good-faith business practices, professionally.
As a skilled expert, the following normal business costs and expenses are incurred in the making of my art and included in my net sales pricing:
• Insurance (vehicles, liability, fire, theft, property, workman's compensation, etc.)
• Specialized Training (mentoring, vocational, academic, continuing, etc.)
• Established and Periodic Literature and Information Resources
• Vehicle Maintenance and Operation (gasoline, oil, etc.)
• Non-recurring Studio Materials and Equipment (brushes, lathes, cameras, easels, etc.)
• Advertising (websites, photo books, business card and flyer printing, etc.)
• Vehicles (automobiles, vans, trucks, movers/installation aids, etc.)
• Warehouse, Studio, Shop, and Office Rent
• Documenting, recording, and archiving art works to support clear provenance,
• Stocks of art supplies, hand equipment tools, and replacement parts
• Telephone, Light, and Heat
• Small Business Management and Administration
• Office Equipment (computers, faxes, phones, scanners, backup drives, etc.)
• Technical Computer Support Services
• Business Expenses (Fielding Agents, Show Entrance Fees, Membership Fees, etc.)
• Benefits (IRA/Retirement accounting, Business Banking Charges, etc.)
• Office Assistance (usually, in small businesses, a taxed/overworked loved one)
• Office Supplies (stationary, postage, shipping crates/boxes, etc.).
By signing below, I state:
• I am an artist living and/or working inside San Joaquin County, California, USA,
• Principally, I am an ARTIST and not an arts administrator,
• I am an expert, a valuable skilled professional who contributes goods and services that vastly improves our local economy,
• I reasonably assist fellow artists within my small business network to maintain and gain fair business practices.
The Artists for Greater Art Commerce petition to San Joaquin County Academic, Business, and Art Markets was written by San Joaquin Art Market and is in the category Arts & Entertainment at GoPetition.