|Home | Bookmark | Tell||Active petitions in over 75 countries||Follow GoPetition|
Save our services
We have received information from Network Rail that suggests that most of our aims have been achived from this campaign. To read more about the current situation go to:
Petition Background (Preamble):
- Direct trains to and from London Bridge are likely to be cut to four trains per hour.
- This is a reduction from the current service of six trains off peak and more at peak times.
- There will be an extra eight trains per hour on the East London Line stopping at Sydenham and Forest Hill but these will only be four carriages long, with limited seating available.
- Cuts are proposed to the Clapham Junction and Victoria service from our stations, possibly removing this service entirely.
- With these proposed cuts it is likely that London Bridge services will become even more congested than at present.
It is vital that we keep our existing level of services to and from London Bridge
We are not opposed to the new East London line - we warmly welcome it - but this should not be introduced at the cost of existing services.
This petition has been produced by the Forest Hill Society and is supported by the Sydenham Society.
The Save our services petition to Network Rail, Transport for London, Jim Dowd, Len Duvall was written by Michael Abrahams and is in the category Roads & Transport at GoPetition. Contact author here. Petition tags: london, services, bridge, existing, trains, forest, sydenham, service, society, welcome, victoria, proposed, petition, london bridge, london line, east london, forest hill, from london, existing services, our existing, p