- City of Wylie Parks
- United States of America
In many cities, dog parks are very common. You can view the list of dog parks in each city and state by visiting this website: http://www.doggoes.com/parks/texas/dallas .
However, there are no public dog parks anywhere near the City of Wylie! The large number and success of dog parks all over the country demonstrate that when a group of concerned and responsible dog owners work together for a leash-free dog park, not only can this concept work but it can thrive and enrich the community. With the City of Wylie growing faster and faster everyday with new home construction and families flooding the area, we should have a dog park!
This park would be a designated area where residents and their well-behaved canines can exercise and have play in a safe off the leash environment. We want to create a beautiful, well-maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who will be willing to participate the park’s rules and restrictions. This park will be community project designed to satisfy the needs of dog-owners and non-dog owners.
Therefore, we are asking the City of Wylie to allow the construction of a dog park for the following reasons:
- There is not a current public dog park in our area to accommodate safe, off-leash dog activities.
- Such a park would allow families with dogs to spend more quality time with their pets.
- Such a park would reduce angst between dog owners, non-owners, police and park authorities regarding dog access to other city parks.
- This park would increase opportunities for residents to interact with their neighbors and help create a sense of community.
- Many dogs need exercise above and beyond human limitations; furthermore, many dog owners do not have a yard where their dogs can spend time outside, and leashes greatly limit the dog’s space and pace.
- Socializing dogs is very beneficial to the community, since it makes them less skittish and can mitigate aggressive behavior when meeting other dogs and people.
- Regular exercise is great for any dog's longevity and weight control, and the overall effect of regular exercise makes most dogs calmer and better behaved.
Please sign this petition in hopes that there can eventually be dedicated space that allows our residents to exercise their canine family members.
We, the undersigned, are voicing our support for the creation of an off-leash, fenced-in dog park to be created in the city of Wylie located in or near Wylie, TX.
The Wylie Dog Park petition to City of Wylie Parks was written by Sara Paredes and is in the category Animal Welfare at GoPetition.