Who is Youngkin SEC ED Nominee Guidera?
We are citizens who worked very hard to elect you to office. We are concerned about your nomination of Ms. Guidera to one of the most important appointed positions in Virginia Government. We believe Education largely decides the future of our Commonwealth and our Country. Clearly Ms. Guidera is very accomplished.
Why are we concerned? According to a report from the Daily Wire, [add a point from DW] Ms. Guidera’s company, Data Quality Campaign (DQC) from 2003-2018 took grants from the Gates foundation of more than $26M. She took grants from and is a Pahara-Aspen Education Fellow and collaborates with a collage of race identity-equity pursuing-globalist non-profits.
From the website of DQC (her company until 2018): “It is not enough to collect education and workforce data—it must be used to inform decision making that fosters equitable education outcomes and life-sustaining careers (emphasis added).” This is consistent with Ms. Guidera other associations. This statement rings alarm bells.
Why are we concerned? According to a report from the Daily Wire (https://dailycaller.com/2021/12/21/youngkins-education-secretary-aimee-guidera-founded-organization-collects-data-26-million-bill-gates/), Ms. Guidera’s company, Data Quality Campaign (DQC) from 2003-2018 took grants from the Gates foundation of more than $26,000,000. She took grants from and worked with a collage of leftist-globalist non-profits (https://cepr.harvard.edu/people/aimee-rogstad-guidera).
From the website of DQC (her company until 2018): “It is not enough to collect education and workforce data—it must be used to inform decision making that fosters equitable education outcomes and life-sustaining careers (emphasis added). (https://dataqualitycampaign.org/our-work/policy-areas/data-for-equity/)” This statement and her work with leftist organizations rings alarm bells.
To alleviate our concerns, would you and Ms. Guidera please respond to these questions on the record:
Does Ms. Guidera:
• Support Political ideology: Virginia state code (8VAC20-131-51) requirements for graduation (effective with the students who enter the ninth grade in the 2018–2019 school year). How do you address the Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and goals of self-awareness, social-awareness, self-management, relationship skills and responsible decision-making?
• As a fellow there are you one of those leaders? Do you follow their criteria for fellowship? The Pahara-Aspen Education identifies leaders in the education-equity movement (https://www.pahara.org/).
• Support critical theory fundamentals and practice in culturally responsive instruction/teaching (CRI/T) (https://www.doe.virginia.gov/edequityva/navigating-equity-book.pdf)?
• Support racial, sexual, class, identity quotas in teacher hiring, retention, and development?
• Support restorative justice (burying repetitive student criminal behavior in the schools)?
• Plan to provide safety and privacy for students (see: VDOE Trans policy and Loudoun Schools rape coverup)?
• Plan to eliminate teacher indoctrination in CR-based ideology?
• Do you support critical theorist definition of equity (of outcomes)?
• Do you support Ibram X. Kendi’s proposal to require current racism due to past racism?
Gov-Elect Youngkin, these questions are for you:
• Who recommended and vetted Ms. Guidera?
• Gov-Elect Youngkin, were you aware of your nominee’s background in critical theory in education advocacy?
• Why could you not find a SED ED nominee from Virginia?
Glenn, we need your Secretary of Education to be in this fight with us, not against us.
Respectfully signed by Virginia Youngkin supporters
Send this petition to like-minded patriots: https://tinyurl.com/stoplcpscrt
PS: Contact the Youngkin Transition team and respectfully ask Glenn and Ms. Guidera to address your concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter: @GlennYoungkin, https://www.facebook.com/GlennYoungkin
Ask your Republican leaders to help resolve your questions: Phone: (804) 780-0111, Info@Virginia.GOP.
For more information see: https://stoplcpscrt.com
The Who is Youngkin SEC ED Nominee Guidera? petition to Governor-Elect Glenn Youngkin was written by Anonymous and is in the category Education at GoPetition.