- Queensland Deputy Premier and Treasurer Jackie Trad
The Hinkler Regional Deal Implementation Plan was signed on January 30, 2020, by Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories Nola Marino, Mayor of the Bundaberg Region Jack Dempsey and Acting Mayor of Fraser Coast Darren Everard.
The Queensland State Labor Government needs to put its money where its mouth is.
The Federal Government has committed $173 million to the Hinkler Regional Deal for vital infrastructure and job creating projects and is working closely with the Fraser Coast Regional Council and Bundaberg Regional Council.
Meanwhile, the Queensland State Labor Government continues to ignore the residents that live here and in the regions.
What new funding will the Deputy Premier and Treasurer commit to new projects under the Hinkler Regional Deal?
And when will she stop treating the residents of regional Queensland like second-class citizens?
The Hinkler Regional Deal projects funded by the Coalition Government are:
• $40 million for the redevelopment of the Hervey Bay CBD
• $32 million Quay Street bypass to remove heavy vehicles and commuter traffic from this area
• $24 million to flood-proof Torbanlea Pialba Road
• $15 million for the Royal Flying Doctor Service Aeromedical Training Centre
• $10 million for a multi-use conveyer at the Port of Bundaberg
• $10 million safety upgrade for the Buxton Road intersection on the Bruce Highway
• $9.2 million redevelopment of Hervey Bay Airport
• $8 million for an upgrade of Bargara Road/Princess Street
• $7.7 million to extend Urraween Road through to Boundary Road in Hervey Bay
• $7 million for a palliative care facility at Hervey Bay
• $5 million AgTech Precinct
• $4 million for overtaking lanes on the Isis Highway between Bundaberg and Childers
• $750,000 pre-feasibility study for Port of Bundaberg outer harbour
Keith Pitt MP
Federal Member for Hinkler
We, the undersigned, are calling on the Deputy Premier of Queensland, to put the regions first and commit new State Government funding for new projects under the Hinkler Regional Deal.
The Time for the State Government to step up and stump up petition to Queensland Deputy Premier and Treasurer Jackie Trad was written by Keith Pitt and is in the category Politics at GoPetition.