- Telecentre Networks
This was a test petition thank you
At the Telecentre Leaders Forum (TLF) at GK3 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, telecentre leaders decided to create a community.
9-10 December 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The telecentre.org Community Charter
We, the participants of the Telecentre Leaders Forum (TLF) at GK3 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, believe telecentres can play a catalytic role in helping poor, marginalized and underserved communities make use of ICTs to fulfill their full potential, and recognize the vital role of telecentre networks in helping the people who work in telecentres solve their challenges, share experiences and resources, and support each other.
We assert that strengthening, deepening and intensifying on-going relationships amongst telecentre networks and support partners through a vibrant, sustainable telecentre.org community is critical to enhancing the social and economic impacts of telecentres around the world.
We commit to upholding the following values as the foundation of the telecentre.org community:
- A passion to help empower the poor, marginalized and underserved utilize technologies to assist in improving their lives
- Openness to sharing experiences, information and knowledge
- Technology neutrality
- Respect for diversity
- Continuous learning
- Localisation and local content creation
We identify the following as priorities for strengthening and expanding the telecentre community
- Strengthen and expand telecentre networks
- Strengthen the capacity of telecentre managers
- Support telecentre sustainability
- Promote and support research and advocacy around telecentres
- Intensify knowledge sharing
Embracing these shared values, we encourage other likeminded people and organizations to join our community.
The The telecentre.org Community Charter petition to Telecentre Networks was written by telecentres and is in the category Miscellaneous at GoPetition.