- Will be sent to all major politicians
- United States of America
The Conservative Exodus Project is a group of traditionalist conservatives who, realizing that the GOP is moving too leftward, started a petition on March 3, 2007 to encourage conservatives to leave the GOP if a suitable presidential candidate is not chosen in 2008.
The Tea Party Pledge (sign below)
We, the undersigned, pledge to vote only for sound candidates regardless of their party. We seek traditional candidates who favor an anti-globalist, America-First platform. We shall only vote for a candidate who:
(1) Supports reductions in legal immigration; favors attrition policies, ending birthright citizenship and terminating chain migration; and opposes amnesty and illegal immigration, especially from the Third World. (Both legal and illegal immigration are driving down American wages and undermining traditional demographics.)
(2) Supports America First economic policies and opposes free trade (e.g. NAFTA, et al.), which is destroying the American economy. (Historically conservatives opposed free trade, a globalist practice that Karl Marx himself supported, but many have been "neoconned" on this issue.)
(3) Supports national self-defense but opposes interventionism and nation building. The transformation of the Middle East to liberal democracy is Wilsonian liberalism, not conservatism.
(4) Opposes all forms of affirmative action.
(5) Opposes federal bailouts.
(6) Supports states' sovereignty.
(7) Opposes "hate-crime" and "hate-thought" laws, and other Orwellian legislation used to silence patriotic criticism.
Unless a Democrat or Republican candidate meets the seven criteria above, we pledge not to vote or to vote third party.
The The Tea Party Pledge petition to Will be sent to all major politicians was written by conservativeexodusproject and is in the category Politics at GoPetition.