Tell Congress to Support Domestic Energy Production
- U.S. Congress (will be presented to Congressional Members representing energy producing districts)
- United States of America
As landowners, mineral owners, oil & gas professionals, and concerned citizens, we have much at stake in this nation's domestic energy policy. Our region and its people are working hard to fuel our nation's energy independence. However, with our energy sector suffering through a financially challenging period, we ask that you not "kick" our industry while it is down.
As you consider the budget for the fiscal year 2010, we ask that you reject any policy or legislation that would hamper the well being of our domestic energy industry. Collectively, we are concerned with the following proposals in President Obama’s 2010 budget proposal;
- The elimination of tax mechanisms crucial to capital formation for drilling;
- The repeal of the manufacturers' tax deduction for the percentage depletion allowance;
- The repeal of the enhanced oil recovery credit;
- An imposed excise tax on Gulf of Mexico production;
- An increase in the geological and geophysical amortization period;
- Charges to oil and gas producers for user fees and processing permits to allow drilling on federal lands; and
- The reinstatement of the Superfund tax on refiners and petrochemical manufacturers that would bring into government coffers, a total $17.2 billion from 2011-19.
As Congress debates the 2010 budget, please know that the legislation you pass will affect the millions of citizens working to make our nation’s energy independence a reality. Thank you for your consideration.
As landowners, oil and gas professionals, and concerned citizens, we respectfully ask Congress to maintain fiscal policies that encourage domestic exploration and to NOT add hurdles, in the form of additional taxes & fees, to our domestic energy industry. America needs policies that encourage domestic exploration and prompt the pursuit of our own abundant energy resources.
The Tell Congress to Support Domestic Energy Production petition to U.S. Congress (will be presented to Congressional Members representing energy producing districts) was written by GoHaynesvilleShale.com and is in the category Government at GoPetition.