- New Bloomfield Board of Education
- United States of America
To restore the roar one must connect the present and the future with the past. From 1981 to 1996 Coach Rodney Haley led the Wildcat baseball program to unbelievable success. To make clear the success that Coach Rodney Haley achieved I have prepared a list for your reference:
• Served as Head Baseball coach for 15 years
• During that 15 year span his achievements include:
• Overall record of 409 wins and 105 loses – winning percentage of 73%
• 409 wins is 13th best all time in the State of Missouri
• Of coaches with 400 or more wins, his winning percentage of 73% ranks 4th all-time in the state of Missouri;
• 13 District championships – 12 of them being consecutive
• 10 final four appearances (85,86,87,88,89,91,92,93,95,96)
• 6 state Championships (86, 89,91,92,93,and 96)
• 11 Conference Championships
• 1992 Missouri Multiple Sclerosis Coach of the Year
• Missouri High School Baseball Coach of the Year – 6 times (86,89,91,92,92,96)
• Selected as Missouri Senior All Star Coach for 12 years 1985-1996
• Over 30 players have went on to play college baseball
• Selected to the Missouri High School Baseball Coaches Hall of Fame in 1998
• Three players have followed his footsteps and went into education/coaching
On behalf of all former Wildcat Baseball players, we urge the New Bloomfield Board of Education to consider truly ‘restoring the roar’ and naming the beautiful new baseball complex after one of Missouri’s all-time best baseball coaches… Rodney Haley. By naming the complex after Coach Haley those of you on New Bloomfield’s Board of Education will be directly responsible for connecting the past to the present and “Restoring the Roar”.
We, the undersigned, call on the New Bloomfield Board of Education to rightfully name the new baseball field after former coach Rodney Haley.
The Support the naming of new field: Rod Haley Field petition to New Bloomfield Board of Education was written by Anthony Phillips and is in the category Sports at GoPetition.