Jan Juc SLSC has a proud history of providing essential surf lifesaving services to the public for more than 50 years, which includes:
• Vital lifesaving services on a beach that is rated as ‘Highly Hazardous’ by Life Saving Victoria. In season 2013/14, we performed over 800 preventative actions, dozens of first aid treatments and completed 8 rescues at Jan Juc Surf beach.
• Surf education programmes, regional training services and links to schools.
• Leadership and youth development opportunities in a range of community service programs.
• Health and physical well-being through participation in “diverse” sports, competition and patrolling.
• A venue for community groups, functions and a focal point for social connection and engagement, critical for a flourishing community.
Membership of our Club has increased by more than 60% over the last 6 years and we currently have approximately 900 members (90% local) and a growing alumni of over 2,000 current and past members. Predicted membership growth indicates we will reach 1,500 members by 2020.
The Club is the focal point and embedded within the local community and yet despite being financially secure, well managed and with a strategic vision for a sustainable future, the Club faces its greatest challenge that we cannot resolve alone.
Our Clubhouse and facilities can no longer meet current demand, let alone the growing demands posed by the significant population growth of Armstrong Creek and Spring Creek developments and significant increase in tourism. If JJSLSC is to continue to serve the public for another 50 years, we need significant financial assistance.
Jan Juc SLSC is currently lobbying various government bodies for financial support towards our club redevelopment. We would appreciate your support by simply signing below.
We, the undersigned, call on Australian Government bodies to provide financial support to Jan Juc SLSC for the redevelopment of their clubhouse.
The Support redevelopment of the Jan Juc SLSC clubhouse petition to Government bodies was written by Jan Juc SLSC and is in the category Government at GoPetition.