Lidl are proposing a new food store on land at The Foundry Estate, Blundell's Road, Tiverton.
The new store will extend to 2,125 sq. m (Gross Internal Area) with a sales area of 1,325 sq. m. The development will be supported by 123 parking spaces at surface level, including 6 disabled and 8 parent and child spaces with an electric charging point serving 2 further spaces and associated landscaping.
As part of the overall development there will also be provision for a future bulky non food retailer.
Pedestrians will be able to access the site from one dedicated access point to the south-west of the store with a zebra crossing facilitating safe access to the store entrance.
All waste will be stored within the warehouse area and will be collected at the same time as deliveries, thereby minimising HGV movements within the car parking area.
Benefits of the Proposed Development
The new neighbourhood Lidl food store will provide the following benefits to Tiverton Town centre and surrounding local area:
• A purpose built store which provides a clean and fresh shopping experience to meet the needs of customers;
• A dedicated in-store bakery;
• Improved shopping choice and provision of a new mainstream discount operator for Tiverton and the surrounding area;
• A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding area along with the development of currently disused land;
• Employment opportunities including up to 40 new jobs for local residents;
• Increase the number of people visiting and spending money in the town.
• Landscaping will improve the visual amenity of the site including soft landscaping around the boundary of the site.
It is proposed that the food store will be open between the hours of:
• 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays), and
• 10am to 4pm or 11am to 5pm Sunday.
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl's proposed application for a new food store at The Foundry Estate, Blundell's Road, Tiverton.
We agree to our petition data being used to lobby local Councillors and Mid Devon Council.
The Support Lidl Tiverton petition to Mid Devon Council was written by Stuart Kinghorn and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.