Lidl are proposing a new foodstore on Land on the corner of Silchester and Aldermaston Road, Tadley.
The new store will extend to 2,177 sq. m (Gross Internal Area) with a sales area of 1,411 sq. m. The development will be supported by 127 free customer parking spaces at surface level, including 6 disabled spaces, 8 parent and child spaces, 2 motorcycle space and 2 electric charging points. Given the location of the proposed new store it will include enhanced landscaping buffers around the site with a number of additional new trees being planted.
Vehicular access/egress to the site will be off Aldermaston Road. There will also be the inclusion of a new dedicated right hand turn lane. The foot/cycleway outside the site will be retained in its current form. A new pedestrian access will be provided from the existing footway at the junction of Silchester and Aldermaston Road, through the site to the store entrance. There will be an area for cycle parking alongside the store close to the store entrance.
All waste will be stored within the warehouse area and will be collected at the same time as deliveries, thereby minimising HGV movements within the car parking area.
Benefits of the Proposed Development
The new Lidl foodstore will provide the following benefits to Tadley and the surrounding area:
- A purpose build store which provides a clean and fresh shopping experience to meet the needs of customers .
- A dedicated in-store bakery.
- Improved shopping choice and provision of a new mainstream discount operator for the community of Tadley and the surrounding area.
- A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding area and also be respectful of the location it sits within adding biodiversity improvements.
- Employment opportunities including up to 40 new jobs for local residents.
- Landscaping will improve the visual amenity of the site including enhanced soft landscaping around the boundary of the site.
It is proposed that the food store will be open between the hours of:
- 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including bank holidays) and
- 10am to 4pm or 11am to 5pm Sunday.
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl's proposed application for a new food store on Land on the corner of Silchester and Aldermaston Road. Tadley.
We agree to our petition data being used to lobby local councillors and West Berkshire Council.
Address data may also be used to provide updates on the progress of the development / planning process. Information will not be passed to a third party, nor be used for sales purposes.
The Support Lidl Tadley petition to Council was written by Lidl Southampton and is in the category Retailer at GoPetition.