As you may be aware, in May 2013 Lidl acquired the vacant Imperial House unit and the two retail units by Stonefield Way on Victoria Road, South Ruislip. A planning application has been submitted for a discount foodstore with a 1,687 m² sales area and 137 car parking spaces.
As you may know, Lidl was granted planning permission on 18 November 2015 (Application Ref: 5039/APP/2014/3715) for the construction of a new Lidl food store. As a result of the continued success of the company and tremendous local support, the Lidl store concept has evolved and as a result of acquiring some additional land, there is now a fantastic opportunity to construct our latest store design on the former Rover show room and Comet store site.
You will see from viewing our new proposal (which can be found by visiting: www.lidlsouthruislip.co.uk) the new store will provide the local community with a slightly larger store with increased car parking but importantly a more spacious, brighter and comfortable store enabling customers to benefit from an enhanced and more enjoyable shopping experience.
The redevelopment of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
• Regeneration of a key brownfield site that has remained vacant for a significant number of years, is unsightly and in a poor state of repair;
• A high quality building incorporating a fully glazed shop front that will significantly improve the visual amenity of the site;
• 137 free parking bays of which 14 will be designated disability spaces, 14 will be for Brown Badge holders and 4 parent and child spaces. There will be 14 spaces with electric vehicle charging points (7 active and 7 passive). This is an increase of 33 spaces compared to the previous proposed scheme;
• An easily accessible location promoting sustainable modes of transport and linked trips;
• Two new improved vehicle access/egresses will be formed from Stonefield Way and Victoria Road providing improved customer access to and from the site as well as direct pedestrian links;
• Provision of 40 new jobs for local residents.
Your feedback is very important to us and the Local Planning Authority. If you are in favour of our proposal then we would be grateful if you would assist us by voicing your support and signing our petition.
For further information, news and updates please visit our website at www.lidlsouthruislip.co.uk
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl's application for the provision of a neighbourhood food store on the Imperial House site, Victoria Road, South Ruislip, HA4 0BE.
We agree to our petition data being used by Lidl to lobby local Councilors and London Borough of Hillingdon to aid progression of the planning application.
Address data may also be used to provide updates on the progress of the development/planning process. Information will not be passed to a third party, nor be used for sales purposes.
The Support Lidl South Ruislip petition to London Borough of Hillingdon was written by Lidl UK GmbH and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.