Lidl are proposing a new foodstore on the former Cattle Market at Christy’s Lane, Shaftesbury.
The new store will extend to 2,080 sq. m (Gross Internal Area) with a sales area of 1,261 sq. m. The development will be supported by 119 free customer parking spaces at surface level, including 8 disabled spaces and 8 parent and child spaces. Vehicular access/egress to the site will be off Christy’s Lane.
Benefits of the Proposed Development
The new Lidl foodstore will provide the following benefits to Shaftesbury and the surrounding area:
• While Limited Assortment Discounters such as Lidl have become an increasingly popular destination for food shopping, there is currently a gap in provision in Shaftesbury.
• The new Lidl in Shaftesbury will therefore provide a qualitative improvement in local food shopping, bringing increased choice and competition, while at the same time reducing the need to travel to stores further afield;
• The new Lidl will provide greater choice and competition in local food shopping;
• The new Lidl will create around 40 new jobs with a mix of part-time and full-time roles;
• The development of the foodstore on this site accords with the National Planning Policy Framework which supports sustainable economic development;
• The new store will improve choice and promote competition with up to 30% cost savings;
• Lidl stock a variety of unique product lines which are not available from other mainstream retailers; and
• The majority (61%) of Lidl’s permanent products are sourced from British suppliers, including 100% of our eggs, dairy and fresh meat, which all carry the national Red Tractor logo assuring that they are locally sourced and meet guaranteed farming standards.
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl's proposed application for a new food store on the former Cattle Market, Christy's Lane, Shaftesbury.
We agree to our petition data being used to lobby local councillors and North Dorset District Council.
Address data may also be used to provide updates on the progress of the development / planning process. Information will not be passed to a third party, nor be used for sales purposes.
The Support Lidl in Shaftesbury petition to North Dorset District Council was written by Lidl Southampton and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.