- Three Rivers District Council
- United Kingdom
Lidl have acquired the former Rickmansworth Police Station site on Rectory Road, Rickmansworth. A planning application will be submitted shortly for a discount foodstore with a 925 m² sales area and 42 car parking spaces.
The redevelopment of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
• New local employment opportunities.
• Redevelopment of a vacant brownfield site.
• Provision of a new discount food store within Rickmansworth.
• Enhanced competition resulting in more competitive pricing.
• A modern, high quality building to improve the visual amenity of the area.
• An easily accessible location promoting sustainable modes of transport and linked trips.
• Customer cycle parking to encourage visits by bicycle.
• A limited range of products (up to 2,000 lines) to encourages continued use of existing independent and national retailers.
The proposed store will provide a local discount food store close to Rickmansworth town centre and will both complement and improve the current shopping provisions within Rickmansworth, helping to create a more sustainable community.
Your feedback is very important to us and the Local Planning Authority. If you are in favour of our proposals then we would be grateful if you would assist us by voicing your support and signing our petition.
For further information, news and updates please visit our website at http://www.lidlrickmansworth.co.uk
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl's application for the provision of a neighbourhood foodstore on the former Rickmansworth Police Station site, Rectory Road, Rickmansworth, WD3 1FJ.
The Support Lidl in Rickmansworth petition to Three Rivers District Council was written by Lidl UK GmbH and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.