- London Borough of Hillingdon
- United Kingdom
Thank you to everyone who signed and supported the planning application for a new Lidl store at Botwell Lane, Hayes. Lidl was granted planning permission in September 2014 (Application Ref: 1942/APP/2013/3565) for the construction of a new Lidl food store.
However, as a result of the continued success of the company and positive local demand, the Lidl store concept has evolved and there is now a fantastic opportunity to construct our latest store design on the former swimming pool site. All details of the new proposed scheme can be found on the designated website at www.lidlhayes.co.uk
A new planning application has been submitted to London Borough of Hillingdon (LBH) so once again we seek your support. Your feedback is very important to us and the Local Planning Authority. If you are in favour of our proposal then we would be really grateful if you would assist us by voicing your support and signing our new petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/support-lidl-hayes.html
We are pleased to announce that Lidl UK have recently purchased the former Hayes Swimming Pool site on Botwell Lane, Hayes. A planning application will be submitted shortly for a discount foodstore with a 1286 m² sales area and 70 car parking spaces.
The redevelopment of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
• New local employment opportunities.
• Redevelopment of a vacant brownfield site.
• Provision of a new discount food store within the Town Centre.
• Enhanced competition resulting in more competitive pricing.
• A modern, high quality building to improve the visual amenity of the area.
• An easily accessible location promoting sustainable modes of transport and linked trips.
• Customer cycle parking to encourage visits by bicycle.
• A limited range of products (up to 2,000 lines) to encourages continued use of existing independent and national retailers.
The proposed store will provide a local discount food store in the heart of Hayes Town Centre and will both complement and improve the current shopping provisions within the Town Centre, helping to create a more sustainable community.
Your feedback is very important to us and the Local Planning Authority. If you are in favour of our proposals then we would be grateful if you would assist us by voicing your support and signing our petition.
For further information, news and updates please visit our website at http://www.lidlhayes.co.uk
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl's application for the provision of a neighbourhood food store on the former Hayes Swimming Pool site, Botwell Lane, Hayes, UB3 2BG.
The Support Lidl in Hayes (Old) petition to London Borough of Hillingdon was written by Lidl UK GmbH and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.