As you may be aware, in September 2013 Lidl purchased the former Hayes Swimming Pool site on Botwell Lane, Hayes. A planning application has been submitted for a discount foodstore with a 1,687 m² sales area and 146 car parking spaces.
In September last year Lidl was granted planning permission (Application Ref: 1942/APP/2013/3565) to build a new Lidl food store. However, as a result of the continued success of the company and positive local demand, the Lidl store concept has evolved and there is now a fantastic opportunity to construct our latest store design on the former swimming pool site.
As you can see from viewing the plans which can be found by visiting www.lidlhayes.co.uk this will provide the local community with a slightly larger store with increased car parking but importantly a brighter, more spacious and comfortable store enabling customers to benefit from an enhanced and more enjoyable shopping experience.
The redevelopment of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
• New local employment opportunities (40 new jobs).
• Redevelopment of a vacant brownfield site.
• Provision of a new discount food store within the Town Centre.
• Enhanced competition resulting in more competitive pricing.
• A modern, high quality building to improve the visual amenity of the area.
• An enhanced shopping environment for customers through an improved store
layout, including the provision of wider aisles.
• An easily accessible location promoting sustainable modes of transport and linked trips.
• Customer cycle parking to encourage visits by bicycle.
• A limited range of products (1,800 lines) to encourage continued use of existing independent and national retailers.
The proposed store will provide a local discount food store in the heart of Hayes Town Centre and will both complement and improve the current shopping provisions within the Town Centre, helping to create a more sustainable community.
Your feedback is very important to us and the Local Planning Authority. If you are in favour of our proposals then we would be grateful if you would assist us by voicing your support and signing our petition.
For further information, news and updates please visit our website at www.lidlhayes.co.uk
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl's application for the provision of a neighbourhood food store on the former Hayes Swimming Pool site, Botwell Lane, Hayes, UB3 2BG.
We agree to our petition data being used by Lidl to lobby local Councillors and London Borough of Hillingdon to aid progression of the planning application.
Address data may also be used to provide updates on the progress of the development/planning process. Information will not be passed to a third party, nor be used for sales purposes.
The Support Lidl Hayes petition to London Borough of Hillingdon was written by Lidl UK GmbH and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.