The Proposed Site
The proposed store is a planned as part of a redevelopment of the former ABB factory at Kingsway East. Other uses will include a coffee shop, car showroom and pub/restaurant. The site is bounded on the north by the Kingsway ring road. On the east and south, the site is bounded by Mid Craigie Road and on the west by a garage and car showroom.
The surrounding area is primarily industrial/commercial in nature with some neighbouring residential and community uses. The site is located close to the Kingsway East Retail Park.
Benefits of the Proposed Development
• The development of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
• Car Parking with Disabled, Parent and Child and secure Cycle Parking;
• Wide and accessible shopping aisles and clear signage, to allow ease of access and free movement for all customers;
• A stand-alone in-store bakery in order to provide customers with freshly baked produce throughout the day;
• Optional Self-service tills;
• Modern and spacious welfare areas for employees;
• A full height glazed frontage to allow natural light into the store and reduce electricity consumption; and
• Convenient access due to its positioning adjacent to the Kingsway and nearby residential areas.
We, the undersigned, fully support Lidl’s application for the development of the new food store at Kingsway East.
We agree to our petition data being used by Lidl to lobby local Councillors and Dundee City Council to aid progression of the planning application. Address data may also be used to provide updates on the progress of the development / planning process. Information will not be passed to a third party, nor be used for sales purposes.”
The Support Lidl Dundee - Kingsway East petition to Dundee City Council was written by Calum Morris and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.