- US Representatives of Texas
- United States of America
The Great Ape Protection Act, H.R. 1326 seeks to prohibit:
* invasive research on great apes (chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, orangutans, and gibbons);
* the funding of such research both within and outside of the U.S.;
* the transport of covered great apes for such research; or,
* the breeding of covered great apes for such research;
The Great Ape Protection Act, H.R. 1326 seeks to require:
* the permanent retirement of all federally-owned, covered great apes.
Thank you for signing this petition and lending the weight of your authority to help pass the Great Ape Protection Act, H.R. 1326.
The GREAT APE PROTECTION ACT, H.R. 1326, is an important step towards better and more humane science for all of us.
I and millions of other Americans believe that it is time for the U.S. to join other Western nations that have either banned or limited their use of chimpanzees.
Decades of research on chimpanzees has shown that they are a poor scientific model to study human disease; caused them enormous suffering; and wasted millions of taxpayer dollars.
There are alternatives.
The Support Great Ape Protection Act (GAPA) H.R. 1326 petition to US Representatives of Texas was written by Timothy Verret and is in the category Animal Welfare at GoPetition.