Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
New York State

• An international student with only a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464) is not eligible for state student aid.

• International students with only F1 or F2 student visa or exchange visitor visa cannot get student aid.

• International students cannot take advantage of lower tuition rate offered to students living in the state in state supported schools.

• International students are especially important to the development of good relationships between nations in an age of increasing globalization.

• New York State is a state with the densest population of international students in the U.S. but lags behind in providing financial aid or scholarships to international students.

We, the undersigned, call on the Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) to set up a sub-organization that helps international students to find sources of scholarship, to complete necessary paper work for scholarship & student aid applications and to encourage the development of student aids for foreign students.

GoPetition respects your privacy.

The Support Foreign Students & Financial Aid for Foreign Students in New York petition to Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) was written by Sijia Sun and is in the category Education at GoPetition.