“To establish a fenced-in, off-leash dog park where well-behaved canine citizens can exercise in a clean, safe environment without endangering or annoying people, property or wildlife. To develop a beautiful, well-maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who are willing to uphold the park’s rules and restrictions. To view this park as a community project, in partnership with the City of Columbia, designed to satisfy the needs of dog-owners and non–dog owners alike.”
Therefore, we are asking the City of Columbia to allow the construction of a dog park for the following reasons:
• There is not a current public dog park in our area to accommodate safe, off-leash dog activities.
• Such a park would allow families with dogs to spend more quality time with their pets.
• Research shows that property values near dog parks increases, sometimes significantly.
• Park increase the livability of a city and provide for a better sense of community.
• Such a park would reduce angst between dog owners, non-owners, police and park authorities regarding dog access to other city parks.
• This park would increase opportunities for residents to interact with their neighbors and help create a sense of community.
• Many dogs need exercise above and beyond human limitations; furthermore, many dog owners do not have a yard where their dogs can spend time outside, and leashes greatly limit the dog’s space and pace.
• Socializing dogs is very beneficial to the community, since it makes them less skittish and can mitigate aggressive behavior when meeting other dogs and people.
• Regular exercise is great for any dog's longevity and weight control, and the overall effect of regular exercise makes most dogs calmer and better behaved.
Please help us call upon the Columbia City Council to create a dedicated space that allows our residents to exercise their canine family members and themselves as well as benefit the community as a whole by signing our petition.
The Support a Dog Park in Columbia TN petition to City Leaders of Columbia TN was written by We Need a Dog Park In Columbia TN and is in the category City & Town Planning at GoPetition.