Ulipac wants to mine fluorspar in Wallmansthal.
1. The mine wants to take water from existing water users;
2. If the mine takes our water, the historically dispossessed Wallmansthal community won’t be able to farm the land it fought to reclaim;
3. The Wallmansthal wetlands will be destroyed;
4. The community will suffer because of radiation from mine waste;
5. Dust problems will damage local businesses that give jobs to the community;
6. Using contract miners means there will be no decent jobs for local people;
7. The mine will attract more informal settlements & more crime;
8. Degradation of natural environment;
9. Decrease in property value.
We, the undersigned, call on the DMR to stop the proposed Fluoride mining at Wallmansthal.
The STOP THE FLUORSPAR MINE AT WALLMANSTHAL petition to DMR / AGES was written by Ludwig's Roses and is in the category Environment at GoPetition.